To ensure the continued health and safety of medical staff and patients, Techno-Aide provides the following cleaning & care recommendations for all x-ray markers. The recommendations provided within are meant to be a guideline based on manufacturing specifications and best practices. All recommendations are intended to increase safety by decreasing the risk of cross-contamination and extending the life of all applicable products. To be eligible for Techno-Aide's manufacturer warranty, the following guidelines must be adhered to.
Please Note: The following guidelines do not apply to disposable markers or "one-time-use" x-ray markers. These products do not feature a cleanable surface and are not intended for multiple applications.
Cleaning & Care of Xray Markers
X-Ray markers require regular preventative maintenance and care to fully extend the life of the product. Techno-Aide recommends cleaning all products between uses and anytime there is direct contact with patients and/or medical staff. The following cleaning recommendations should be followed as best as possible within facility guidelines and/or governing requirements.
How to Clean X-Ray Markers
Clean and disinfect lead markers regularly. It is recommended that facilities establish and strictly adhere to a cleaning and care schedule for applicable products. To clean:
Step 1: Dampen a non-abrasive clean cotton cloth, microfiber cloth, disposable cleaning towel, soft-bristled brush, or otherwise preapproved porous sheet with cold or room temperature water and mild soap, detergent, or other approved cleaning substances such as Clorox hydrogen peroxide disinfectant, 409 with Anti-Bacterial properties, Revolution Scrubbles Apron Cleaner, Sani-Cloth AF3 Wipes, Rescue cleaning agents, and Sentinel II Disinfectant.
Step 2: Wipe clean entire marker surface despite lack of any visible contamination or uncleanness as harmful micro-bacteria may not be apparent.
Step 3: Rinse disinfected areas thoroughly with a separate dampened cotton cloth, microfiber cloth, disposable cleaning towel, or otherwise preapproved porous sheet. Be sure to remove all cleaning solution entirely from the product.
Step 4: Allow radiology markers to sit undisturbed to allow proper drying. Drying times may vary by cleaning solution/compound used. Always follow manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
What to Avoid When Cleaning X-Ray Markers
- Do not allow makers to go without regular cleaning and preventative maintenance.
- Do not machine launder, autoclave, or dry-clean.
- Do not use abrasive and caustic chemicals and/or cleaners such as bleach, bleach alternative, petroleum-based cleaners, chlorinated solvents, ether, and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Do not allow cleaning solutions to pool or sit longer than recommended by the original manufacturer.
- Do not soak or submerge any product in either water or chemical solutions for any length of time.
- Avoid storing markers in environments with excessive temperature fluctuations or extreme degrees, hot or cold.
- Avoid storing x-ray markers in direct sunlight.
Properly storing x-ray markers is a critical way to maintain the integrity of any product and helps ensure the continued safety of patients and medical staff. The following storage recommendations should be followed as best as possible within facility guidelines and/or governing requirements.
How to Store X-ray Markers
Techno-Aide recommends all applicable x-ray markers be stored carefully and securely on designated x-ray storage racks or equivalent storage units. Store x-ray markers in a cool and dry location, and always close and secure any closures, extensions, and/or accessories a product may have when storing between uses. Store products unstacked, or no more than two identical products stacked at a time, in a low-traffic area when not in use.
What to Avoid When Storing X-Ray Markers
- Avoid storing x-ray markers in direct sunlight.
- Avoid storing x-ray markers in environments with excessive temperature fluctuations or extreme degrees, hot or cold.
- Do not store x-ray markers with any closures, extensions, and/or accessories hanging loosely and unsecured.
- Do not stack or store x-ray markers with heavier products on top.
- Avoid stacking items more than two of the identical product at a time.
Initial Inspection & Testing
To be eligible for Techno-Aide's limited manufacturer warranty, products classified as x-ray markers must be inspected upon receipt by the customer before being put into service or used in any non-testing imaging environment. Techno-Aide requires issues or product concerns to be submitted within 10 business days upon receipt of the initial delivery. Techno-Aide may require photographs, radiographs, or any other visual representation of customer concerns to approve and process any exchange and/or return.
X-Ray markers may contain lead or lead equivalent materials. Any product that contains lead and/or certain chemicals must be disposed of properly and adhere to local and federal safety guidelines. Please consult directly with the proper authorities regarding local regulations and requirements governing your facility. For any questions regarding specific product disposal or ordering options for custom x-ray markers, contact us toll-free at 1-800-251-2629 during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM CST) or email customerservice@Techno-Aide.com anytime.